EXETER 'CHANGE in the STRAND, stood where Burleigh-street now stands, and extended into the main road, so that the foot thoroughfare of one side of the Strand ran directly through it. Delaune, in 1681, speaks of it as lately built. ... The rooms above were hired for offices by the managers of the Land Bank, and subsequently let for general purposes. ... The last tenant of the upper rooms was Mr. Cross, with his menagerie; and here, in March 1826, Chunee, the famous elephant, was shot [see College of Surgeons]. Exeter 'Change was taken down in the great Strand improvements of 1829.* (*There is a admirable representation of old Exeter 'Change drawn and engraved by George Cooke.) The present Exeter 'Change is a modern structure, between Brydges-street in the Strand and Upper Wellington-street.