Victorian London - Buildings, Monuments and Museums - St. Martin's Music Hall

ST. MARTIN'S MUSIC HALL, No. 89, Long Acre, was originally designed by H. Westmacott, for Mr. Hullah's Singing Classes: the style Elizabethan, with iron arches and panelled wood roof, of immense span; the Hall was first opened Feb. 11, 1850. It was partly destroyed by fire, but was restored and lengthened in 1853, and is now 121 feet 6 inches long; an entrance-hall was then added.

John Timbs, Curiosities of London, 1867