Victorian London - Buildings, Monuments and Museums - Union Hall

UNION HALL, Union-street, Southwark, was built by subscription, upon the site of the Greyhound inn, in 1781, for the use of the justices of the peace, before which they sat at the Swan Inn. They attended at Union Hall daily till the passing of the Police Act in 1793, when it was made one of the offices; the business was next removed to a new office at Stones' End; Union Hall was then let as warehouses; it was destroyed by fire Dec. 6, 1851.

John Timbs, Curiosities of London, 1867