KATHERINE'S (ST.) HOSPITAL, at the north-east corner of the REGENT'S PARK. A Gothic structure of yellow brick, consisting of a chapel, six residences for pensioners, and a detached residence for the master, built 1827 (Ambrose Poynter, architect). [see St. Katherine's at the Tower] The revenues of the Hospital may be applied for such good and charitable purposes as may be directed by the royal patroness for the time being. Observe.- Tomb of John Holland, Duke of Exeter, (d.1447), and his two wives; and a pulpit of wood, a gift to the church from Sir Julius Caesar; both removed from St. Katherine's-at-the-Tower.
Peter Cunningham, Hand-Book of London, 1850