Victorian London - Entertainment and Recreation - Clubs - Cavendish Club

CAVENDISH CLUB, the, 307, Regent-street, occupies one-half of the upper facade of the Polytechnic Institution, the entrance being wholly distinct. The Reading-room, 42 feet square, and 20 feet high, has a larger supply of foreign and colonial newspapers and literature than any other Club in the metropolis; the Cavendish presents all the usual conveniences of a Club, except dinners.

John Timbs, Curiosities of London, 1867