TERRY'S THEATRE, 105, Strand. A comparatively small building, fitted with all modern improvements and appliances; built and designed by Mr. Walter Emden and opened for the first time on October 17, 1887, under the management of Mr. Edward Terry, sole lessee. NEAREST Ry. Stns., Charing + (Dist. and S.E.), Strand (Underground Electric); Omnibus Rtes. Strand and St. Martin's-la.
Charles Dickens Jr. et al, Dickens Dictionary of London,
(no date; based on internal evidence)
Opened in 1887at 105-106 Strand on site of the Fountain Tavern, (aka Occidental Tavern), which once housed the Coal Hole, where 'Baron' Renton Nicholson held the infamous Judge and Jury Club. [see Lost Theatres of London by Raymond Mander and Joe Mitchenson for more information]