see also The Pleasure Gardens of London - click here
Tea Gardens ... White Conduit House ... In 1829 the small house, the original tavern, was taken down and rebuilt upon a more extensive plan, so as to dine upwards of 2000 persons in its largest room. But in 1849 these premises were also taken down; the tavern was re-erected on a smaller scale, and the garden-ground let on building leases, for White Conduit-street, &c.
John Timbs, Curiosities of London, 1867 edition