The CANCER HOSPITAL, Fulham Road, Brompton, is specially for the treatment of the poor afflicted with cancer. It was first established, in 1851, in Cannon Row, Westminster, and was removed to its present site in 1860, Miss Burdett Coutts contributing very largely towards the purchase of the ground on which the hospital is built. Accommodation is provided for 60 patients, it being ultimately intended to accommodate 300 patients. There is also an out-door patient establishment, combined with the Secretary's office, at 167 Piccadilly. Mr. J. Cockerill, Sec.
Cruchley's London in 1865 : A Handbook for Strangers, 1865