FARRINGDON MARKET. Established on the removal of Fleet-market from the present Farringdon-street, and opened Nov. 20th 1826.
Peter Cunningham, Hand-Book of London, 1850
see also Henry Mayhew in London Labour and the London Poor - click here
Farringdon Market, adjacent and on the west side of Farringdon Street, City (late the Fleet Market), erected on this site about thirty years since, occupies 1½ acre of ground. The structure is indifferently applicable, although the situation is most desirable, particularly for drainage, being on a slope. It is for the sale of vegetables, butchers' meat, fruit, &c.
London Exhibited in 1852, 1852