PRIVY COUNCIL OFFICE, WHITEHALL, is part of the south end of the present range of buildings commonly known as the Treasury, as altered by Mr. Barry in 1847-48. Here are kept the minutes of the Privy Councils of the Crown. A minute of the reign of James II. contains the original depositions attesting the birth of the Prince of Wales, afterwards known as the Old Pretender.
Peter Cunningham, Hand-Book of London, 1850
[ ... back to main menu for this book]
Privy Council Office, Whitehall, S.W. Veterinary Department, 44, Parliament-street, S.W. — NEAREST Railway Station, Westminster-bridge ; Omnibus Routes, Whitehall and Strand Cab Rank, Horse Guards.
Charles Dickens (Jr.), Dickens's Dictionary of London, 1879