LAMBETH PALACE: THE CHAPEL
Two of the most interesting parts of Lambeth Palace are the Chapel and the Library. The former, Early English in style, is the oldest part of the London residence of the Archbishops of Canterbury, and dates from Archbishop Bonifaces time -1245. It is 72 feet long by 26 feet broad, and is bisected by a handsome carved screen, raised by Archbishop Laud, to whom also the windows are due.
LAMBETH PALACE: THE LIBRARY.
The Library of Lambeth Palace, founded by Archbishop Bancroft early in the seventeenth century, now contains thirty thousand books and two thousand manuscripts and since 1834 it has been housed in the Hall, a room 92 feet long by 40 feet broad, built by Archbishop Juxon in 1663. Except on Saturdays, it is open to the public during the greater part of the year.