HARROW SCHOOL: THE CHAPEL AND LIBRARY.
Until 1840 the boys at Harrow School worshipped in the parish church, but Dr. Wordsworth then built for them a special chapel. which was superseded in 1854 by the present handsome Gothic structure with a spire. Sir Gilbert Scott was the architect of the later chapel, of which one side aisle was erected in memory of the Harrovians who fell in the Crimea. The Library to the extreme right of our view is called after Dr. Vaughan, who was headmaster when it was built in 1860. Sir Gilbert Scott was also architect of the Library, which is in the Decorated style. In this building, in addition to the books for the use of the upper school, are various curiosities and the portraits of successive headmasters and distinguished "old boys."
source: The Queen's London : a Pictorial and Descriptive Record of the Streets, Buildings, Parks and Scenery of the Great Metropolis, 1896