"THE TIMES" OFFICE, AND WESTERN END OF QUEEN VICTORIA STREET.
The office of the Times newspaper, near the west end of Queen Victoria Street, is a plain red-brick building, with a tympanum decorated with oak leaves and acorns. The actual printing of the chief daily paper is done behind, in Printing House Square, and the public are admitted on written application, accompanied by a note of introduction or a reference, to watch the process and inspect the famous Waiter press. Further east, still on the north side of Queen Victoria Street, is the church of St. Andrew by the Wardrobe, and immediately behind are the stately headquarters of the British and Foreign Bible Society, erected in 1868, The loftier building adjoining is the Post Office Savings Bank.
source: The Queen's London : a Pictorial and Descriptive Record of the Streets, Buildings, Parks and Scenery of the Great Metropolis, 1896