"LA MARGUERITE" LEAVING TILBURY.
Those who are accustomed to steamboat excursions from Loudon need no introduction to La Marguerite, which the Fairfield Company built for the owners of the New Palace steamers. When she was launched in the early summer of 1894, it was claimed that she was the largest vessel afloat adventuring on daily voyages. La Marguerite is licensed to carry three thousand passengers as far as Margate, and two thousand across the Channel; she is 330 feet long, 40 feet broad (73 feet over the paddles) and 26 feet deep. Her hull is of steel, and she is lighted throughout by electricity , while the luxurious fittings on board do not belie the popular description of her as a floating palace.