BOW STREET POLICE COURT.
The building shown in our picture contains the Police Court and the police station at the north end of Bow Street. It is in the Italian style, and was erected in 1880-1. The Police Court, which has been the chief petty court in London since the last century, is attended by three magistrates, of whom the principal one is Sir John Bridge. All extradition cases are heard here. It is entered from the corner where the cab is seen waiting the next door admits to the yard, and through it passes the police van, popularly known as "Black Maria"; while the door still further to the right is that of the police station proper. Several constables off duty may he noticed leaning out of the windows to watch the photographers operations.