INTERIOR OF FROGMORE MAUSOLEUM.
In the grounds of Frogmore Lodge, not far distant from Windsor Castle, on the left hand side of the Long Walk, is the magnificent mausoleum containing all that is mortal of the Prince Consort. This building, cruciform in shape and Romanesque in style, cost £200,000, provided by her Majesty herself, and it was consecrated in 1862, a year after the Princes death. In the ornate octagonal chamber, thirty feet in diameter and sixty-five feet high, is a double sarcophagus of dark-grey granite, resting on polished black marble. It bears a recumbent statue of Prince Albert, executed in white marble by Marochetti, and at each corner is the bronze figure of a kneeling angel. Her Majesty's intention is that, in the fulness of time, she shall be buried here beside the remains of her "great and good husband."