HOLLAND HOUSE, KENSINGTON: THE SOUTH FRONT.
Holland House, a splendid specimen of an old English mansion, was built in 16o7, but the terrace is of modern construction, It was originally the seat of the Holland family later it was bought by Henry Fox, and in him the title of Lord Holland was revived. One of his descendants, Lord Ilchester, now owns Holland House, which for its literary associations stands supreme among such London residences. It was here that Joseph Addison lived, and wrote his Spectator articles in the library, and that Charles James Fox spent his early days; and its celebrity culminated in the time of the third Lord Holland, when Rogers, Macaulay, Byron, and Moore, to mention a few among many, were constant visitors. Holland House lies midway between the Kensington and Uxbridge Roads.
source: The Queen's London : a Pictorial and Descriptive Record of the Streets, Buildings, Parks and Scenery of the Great Metropolis, 1896