THE OLD WELSH HARP, HENDON.
There are few country resorts better known to Londoners than the Welsh Harp, Hendon, on the road between Kilburn and Edgware, for here is the enormous reservoir formed in 1838 from the River Brent in order to supply the locks of the Regents Canal. This sheet of water has a circumference of nearly eight miles, and it is much frequented in summer for boating and in winter for skating. But its chief attraction is the fish with which it is admirably stocked, and almost every kind of water-fowl ever seen in England comes hither Anglers obtain permission to fish from "mine host" of the inn, at the back of which, at the waterside, are some very pleasant tea-gardens, which Mr. Chevalier has made famous by his coster ballads.
source: The Queen's London : a Pictorial and Descriptive Record of the Streets, Buildings, Parks and Scenery of the Great Metropolis, 1896