THE NEW ROYAL COLLEGE OF MUSIC.
In May, 1894, the Prince of Wales opened in state the new building of the Royal College of Music. It is situated in Prince Consort Road, to the south of the Royal Albert Hall. Red in colour, Elizabethan in style, the College which was built out of funds provided by Mr. Samson Fox, has accommodation for four hundred pupils, Dr. Hubert Parry being the Director.
THE GATEWAY, ST. JAMES'S PALACE.
Of Henry VIII.'s Palace the red-brick gateway, probably the work of Holbein, is almost all that remains. It faces St. James's Street, and through the archway access is gained to "Colour Court." The clock dates from the time of George II. As shown in our picture, sentries guard this entrance to "the court of St. James's."