QUEEN VICTORIA STREET: MANSION HOUSE END.
That portion of Queen Victoria Street shown in our picture (which is taken from the front of the Mansion House Station on the Underground Railway), viz, from Cannon Street to the Mansion House, was opened to the public in October, 1869. Cannon Street is bisected by Queen Victoria Street, and is seen on the right. The church opposite is that of St. Mary Aldermary (St. Mary the Elder) it was built by a citizen named Keeble, who died in 1518, and was virtually reconstructed, after the Great Fire, by Wren, who, though he followed the old plan, has unmistakably left his mark upon the edifice. In the distance appears a bit of the portico of the Royal Exchange. Queen Victoria Street is a broad and handsome thoroughfare and it affords invaluable relief to the enormous traffic in Cheapside.
source: The Queen's London : a Pictorial and Descriptive Record of the Streets, Buildings, Parks and Scenery of the Great Metropolis, 1896