The first and second-class pay-offices occupy a space of about 44 feet by 34 feet and connected with them are spacious waiting-rooms. At this point an open and spacious public way is formed from the colonnade, to pass luggage forward to the platform. Other conveniences are added, then offices for the superintendents and porters; after these a spacious hall, as a pay-office for the third-class, communicating with waiting-rooms. The whole extent of these offices is about the same as the colonnade, 246 feet in length, but they are exclusive of the width of that, about 37 feet.
from The Illustrated London News, 1844
BRICKLAYERS' ARMS. A famous tavern and coach-office, at the junction of the Greenwich, Camberwell, and Lambeth Roads.
Peter Cunningham, Hand-Book of London, 1850
see also A.R.Bennett in London and Londoners - click here