LYNDHURST ROAD CHAPEL.
Lyndhurst Road Chapel stands at the corner of Lyndhurst Road and Rosslyn Hill, in the prosperous suburb of Hampstead. It was built for the Rev. Robert F. Horton, MA. D.D., one of the most eminent of Congregationalist ministers, whose works on Biblical criticism have won for him no little distinction. Dr. Horton is a graduate of New College, Oxford, of which he was elected a Fellow in 1879. The Lyndhurst Road church was founded in the following year, and is active in good works. The chapel, which seats 1,200 persons nominally, though the congregation is often much larger, is octagonal in shape and constructed of red brick, and is richly decorated within. Dr. Horton has a co-pastor, the Rev. A. Hamilton, MA., who settled in 1894.